|High Season |
Season Nov to May
Dec 16 - Jan 6
May 1 - Nov. 1
Terms and Conditions
- This agreement is between the owner of Casa Vive con Fe, Kyra Drennan and
- This is an agreement to lease Casa Vive con Fe “Temporary Residence” from Kyra Drennan.
- Check-in time is after 3 P.M. CDT. Early check in may be possible if there is not a checkout the same day. There is only a 5 hour window to completely clean and set-up for the next guests.This will be at the discretion of the owner or property manager.
- Check-out is 10 A.M CDT. There is NO Late check-out. Prior to check out, all dishes should be washed and put away. Beds may be left unmade and sheets and pillowcases left on the bed or down stairs in front of the washing machine. Towels can be left in the laundry hampers.
- When you arrive, the home will be clean and set up with linens, hand towels, bath towels, wash cloths, beach towels (not to leave the property.) There will be dishwashing soap in the kitchen and toilet paper for all baths. A mid-week cleaning is optional and can be arranged with the property manager for a nominal fee. Daily maid service can also be arranged with the property manager for an additional fee.
- Trash: upon departure all trash should be bagged in a suitable trash bag and placed in the wire basket at the front left side curb for pick up. You will find a receptacle out in front of the large cactus. It is picked up daily.
- House rentals are supplied with a one-time set up of bottled drinking water.
- Electricity is metered and very expensive on the island. Please help keep rental prices down by conserving energy. Please use the A/C only when needed, and only with windows and sliding doors closed. When leaving the house, or checking out please turn off all A/C units.
- You will be provided with a local cell phone. This can be used to call local restaurants,etc. and to contact property manager in case of a problem.
- There is no smoking inside the home. You are permitted to smoke outdoors only. Butts are to be disposed of properly and not left around the property.
- Illegal substances are strictly prohibited and grounds for immediate eviction, with no
return of any monies paid.
- Upon departure all trash and food items should be placed in the garbage out front.
- Please wash all dishes used during your stay.
- Any events held at the home with more than 10 people must have prior written owner’s approval.
- Pets are permitted only with permission of the owner. An additional refundable damage deposit will be required, and returned upon acceptable conditions at checkout. NEVER LET THE STRAY DOGS ON TH ISLAND INSIDE THE HOME—THEY ARE COVERED IN FLEAS AND TICKS. If you do so you are responsible for any and all fumigation and damages.
- Casa Vive con Fe will not be available for rent to vacationing Students or Singles less than 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
- Force Majeure. There may be circumstances beyond our control and contemplation, in which the property might not be available for your booking. Examples of these include (but not limited to) destruction of or severe damage to the property. In the event of Force Majeure, we will refund all monies paid. This will be the full extent of our liability to you in such circumstances, and will not be responsible for any other costs connected with any such cancellation, howsoever arising. We will, of course try to assist you in finding other accommodations.
- Fifty percent (50%) payment is required to confirm a reservation. The advance payments will be applied toward the rental rate. The advance payments are not a damage deposit. All fees paid will require visa, cashier check, or bank money orders payable to “Kyra
Drennan”. Paypal is acceptable on a case by case basis and will incur an additional charge of 4% for the total rental amount.
- Cancellations- There is a 48 hour period to cancel with no fees. Between 2 days and 90 days there is a 15% fee for cancellations. Cancellations that are made more than ninety (90) days prior to arrival date will incur 15% penalty with a full refund of balance returned.Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within (90) days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and damage/reservation deposit with no refund of monies paid. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
- Monthly reservation cancellations-Monthly renters must cancel ninety (90) days prior to check-in. Cancellations that are made more than ninety (90) days prior to arrival date will incur no penalty with a full refund of monies paid. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within ninety (90) days of arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and
damage/reservation deposit with no refund of monies paid. Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least ninety (90) days prior to check-in.
- Maximum Occupancy- The maximum number of guests for the entire home is eight (8).Any additional guests must be approved by the owner of Casa Vive con Fe, and an additional charge of $20 per night will apply per additional guest. Exceptions may be granted for small children at the owner’s discretion.
- The property requires a 1 week minimum stay. If a rental is taken for less than 1 week,
the guest will be charged the 1 week minimum. With occasional exceptions, the Holiday (Christmas/New Years) season requires a 2 week stay.
- Falsified Reservations- Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the guest will not be permitted to check-in.
- Written exceptions- Any exceptions to any of the above mentioned policies must be
approved in writing in advance.
- Hurricane or storm policy- No refunds will be given unless: a) The National Weather
Service orders mandatory evacuations in a “Tropical/Hurricane Warning area” and/or b)A mandatory evacuation order has been given for the “Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area” of the residence of a vacationing guest. The day that the National Weather Service orders a mandatory evacuation order in a “Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning,” area, Casa Vive con Fe will refund: 1)Any unused portion of the rent from a guest currently registered, 2)Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten their stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted and 3) Any advance rents collected or deposited for a
reservation that is schedule to arrive during the “Hurricane Warning” period. It is highly
recommended that you purchase travel insurance if planning to travel during hurricane season.
- Safety is of great importance to us. We provide a safe in the downstairs that is large for tablets etc. Both the Master and 2 nd bedroom for your valuables. We recommend keeping your cash, jewelry, i-pods etc. locked up when not in use or if leaving the property. Keep all doors and
windows locked when leaving the property. Never leave valuable items within visual sight of the doors and windows. This is simply asking for trouble. The owners of Casa Vive con Fe will not be held liable for any loss or stolen items from the home. As with anywhere you stay, you must exercise caution.
- Casa Vive con Fe is not “child proof” and small children must be under constant adult supervision. Children must not be allowed unsupervised outside the home. There is access to the pool behind the house, and a road in front of the house. There are stairs leading to a rooftop viewing area. Children should not be allowed on the roof without adult supervision. Use of the Rooftop area is at your own risk, and the owners of Casa Vive con Fe will not be held liable.
- In the event of any maintenance items or appliances that need taken care of, every effort will be made to repair as soon as possible. Please note that on weekends most repair facilities are closed and this can take up to 48 hours.
- This agreement may not be assigned or the property sublet, and is for tenants use only.